Monday, January 5, 2009

Walmart is of the devil...

I think I had the worst shopping day of my life today. And yep, you guessed it...I was at Walmart. I think that everything that COULD have gone wrong, DID go wrong. I won't go into everything, but here are the highlights. Noah wasn't in the best of moods to start with and then within the first 5 or so minutes he poops...lovely. But I already had stuff in the cart and I didn't want to have to leave it so I thought "I'll just hurry and change him when we get home since it's only 5 minutes from here anyway." So we continue shopping. Well he terrorized my ears and plenty of others around us with his angry screams because he doesn't like to sit in carts, he wants to stand. He also thought it was funny to reach back and grab whatever and throw it out of the cart. I was in WAY too warm of a sweater and a coat for being in Walmart, but the cart was getting SO full that there was honestly no place else for my coat to be but on me so I was sweating like crazy. So now I'm not in the best of moods myself. Then my checker thought that I needed her mothering advice which I wasn't interested in. Who knows...maybe she could smell the poopy pants and thought I was a bad mom. Then we get to the door and of course it's snowing like mad outside. So we get all zipped up and head out. I was trying to hurry so that I could get Noah out of the blizzard when the jumbo box of diapers falls from the cart into a nice puddle of slush. So of course I had to stop to pick it up. The car I had to stop behind then starts backing out, luckily the person saw us and stopped. After we move the car backs out and down goes the window, revealing what looked like a nice older lady. But was she? Oh no, and she starts yelling at me as she drives next to me down the isle. She told me that I was the biggest idiot for stopping behind her and on and on and on. Finally when she lets me get a word in I said "You know what lady? Something fell off of my cart because I was trying to hurry and get my son out of the snow. I'm sorry that it CHOSE to fall off behind YOUR car of all places. And you know what else? I hope that by the time you get home you feel terrible and guilty for days for yelling at a poor young mom just trying to get her son out of the storm." Now was that 100% mature of me to say something back, no. But it helped me feel a little better and it mostly just came out all on its own anyway. But then Noah screamed at me the whole ride home and we get here only to find that the poop has leaked in 2 places...up the back and down a leg. Sigh...I'm never going to Walmart again! Well, until I need something else I guess because they're cheap. But you know what I mean? Sheesh.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Sorry to hear about your horrible shopping trip, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has days like that!! Who does that lady think she is anyway!!!

Nickessa said...

That is exactly why I don't take Ainsley shopping. I wait until Nick gets home and then I go. It's horrible! I hate taking Ainsley shopping with me. I feel your pain! I hate the people that load your groceries and touch your baby when it's flu season AND while they are sleeping and wake them up. She already got one ear infection this winter because of someone who had a cold and was touching her. Sheesh!
What's wrong with people?

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's the Larae I know and love. I think it's fantastic you told Grandma off. Some people just love to run their mouth. Like the person that told me in the driveup "you're NOT a nice person" right after Jeremy died. KISS IT!

Crystal said...

Aahhhh...the joys of motherhood! I LOVE that you said something back to the lady! I always want to, but I just flip them off instead. JUST KIDDING!

Bushman's said...

what a wretched woman. I'm impressed you said something to her. I would have thought it but not have said anything.
Walmart and I have a love/hate relationship.

The Frasers said...

What a rude, rude lady! I am sorry. I know how you feel about Walmart though. I HATE it too! But we still shop there. We should be spokes people for them. "We know it sucks, but it's cheap" haha