So I've been trying to do more creative and fun "mom" and "wife" kinds of things lately. Like a fun racetrack cake for Noah's b-day and stuff like that. Well the Better Homes and Gardens magazine had a really cute Valentine's Day cupcakes idea and I was going to do them, but you are supposed to use some kind of alphabet cookies to write the valentines sayings on the cupcakes and the cookies I was thinking I'd use were the Mother's brand sugar cookies. So I went around to 3 stores looking for them. Come to find out when I finally asked a worker...Mother's brand has gone out of business! I was so bummed! I REALLY liked their idea. You put a light layer of white frosting on the little cookies and then dip them in red or pink colored sugar sprinkles. Then you can do any valentines sayings on the cupcakes. So since I couldn't find anything that would work, I just had to use frosting to make my letters. So they're not nearly as cute as they could have been, but oh well. You other young moms and wives understand me though right? When you try to expand your horizons in areas like this, it's somewhat
devastating when you can't make things work the way you wanted isn't it. But I'm over it. They were still
ok.


Here's Noah's b-day cake that I talked about
4 comments:
you're so crafty :)
Noah's cake is way cute! Good job! So who's going to make you a fun cake for YOUR birthday???
Those are both super cute ideas. I love doing fun cakes for my kid's birthday's. I'd do one for Ricks birthday, but he would probably laugh me to shame.
I love the cakes
I am impressed!
Post a Comment