Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Easter Bunny came!

We have never done Easter baskets and I decided that this was the year. I remember getting one as a kid every year and LOVING it, so I wanted to get the tradition started for my own little family. Noah didn't really understand why he was getting new stuff...but he was excited. He got some new books, a car, a "Mo" (Elmo) DVD, some "cackas" (crackers) and new jeans. Steve and I shared a small basket, but we got some fun things too. And I still didn't end up spending much...I am a bargain shopper! Whoo hoo!







Later on at Steve's patents, Grandma Shelton set up a small Easter egg hunt for her only grand baby by just scattering some eggs on the grass. Nice and easy for a 17 month old to find. He didn't get it at first, but then he thought it was pretty fun gathering eggs and putting them in his little bucket. It was cute.





Checking out what he got...

I made some sugar cookies that turned out pretty lame looking, but oh well. Here are a few of them...


We had a great holiday weekend and we hope all of our family and friends did too. We are very thankful for the Savior's obvious presence in our lives!

5 comments:

mary said...

Where did you meet Freddo? Those cookies were yummy.

Russ said...

those cookies look fabulous... Um, I think I need a sweet treat after seeing those!

It looks like ya'll had fun! : )

Jessica Fronce said...

What a fun Easter! Noah is dang cute and he looks like he had a blast! Your cookies are really cute too! Miss you!

ABOUT US said...

Are you kidding? those cookies look great. Noah is such a cutie, I love love love the video you posted on facebook where he is getting in the elevator, it's sooo cute.

Nickessa said...

Easter is so fun for the little kiddos. Hope you guys are doing well.