Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lately...

Well let’s see…we have been up to all sorts of fun stuff the past several weeks, so I thought that I should finally do some posting. Maybe one day I'll learn to start doing posts of a few things at a time instead of getting behind and writing about 10 things at once. In other words...this one might be long again. We went to the Zoo for Noah’s second time on July 11th.

On the 18th we went up East Canyon with Steve’s parents so that Steve and Noah could paddle next to his dad while he practiced swimming in open water. (He was preparing for a triathlon on July 25)
We spent July 23 & 24 at my big brother Jerry’s cabin with some of our nephews and nieces and their kids.
Here is Noah and Aly.

Noah leaning in to give baby Ashley a kiss. He loves babies!Noah and Nathan wrestling on the couch cushions! Ha ha ha!Just being cute little boys together.
Daddy took Noah for his first 4-wheeler ride while at the cabin.


Then on the evening of the 24th we drove up to Idaho to watch Steve’s dad in the spudman triathlon the next morning. Which he did awesome in by the way! We were all so proud of him! Here's Steve, Noah, me, Natalie, Big John, Robyn, Chris, Rachael and Brian. Mom took the picture and dad was already swimming. (which we missed due to arriving so late the night before. Oops!)on the bike...and here he comes to the finish line!!While still in Idaho, we went to see Shoshone Falls. I honestly didn’t think it’d be that great, but was I wrong! It was BEAUTIFUL to see in person!!

On the 30th Noah and I went to the Highland City splash park with my sister Erica and my niece Jess and their kids. It was such a cool splash park!
Noah LOVES his cousin Molly.

August 8th was a really fun day too! Almost the whole Sorensen clan went to Yuba Lake for the day. There were 47 of us that came. It was such a great day! My muscles were hurting so bad for the next few days, but it was totally worth it to go on my dad's famous tube rides 4 times! Here is Paris, Noah and Seth playing in the mud puddle.
Sisters!! Erica, Mary, then me on our way out. Daddy taking Noah out to the water to wash the mud off. Sara, Spencer and I. Yay!
We even got Noah to go on the tubes with mommy for a minute.
(Abigail, Noah & I and Samantha)

And then yesterday, the 11th, Noah and I went to Thanksgiving Point for $2 Tuesdays with my nieces Laura, Jen and Jess and their kids and my niece Melissa too. We all had a great time. Noah thought the fishies needed some better water or something because he shared his sippy cup with them. "Bye-bye fishie cup" he said.


Noah, Aly, Teanna, Maybe, Seth and Cole. And Nathan was on the ground behind them yelling. Noah, Nathan and Cole liked running free through the "forest" off the garden paths.

Cole and Noah playing in one of the many ponds. (FYI: the short shorts in the background weren't on anyone in our group. Haha)

We then finished the day off by going to Goodwood in Orem for Steve’s brother Chris’s birthday. It was our first time there, but not our last. Mmmmm...
Noah taking after mommy and dipping his fries in ranch. That's my boy!


And as usual there has been all sorts of toddler craziness in between. He even dressed himself here!

4 comments:

ArlaMo said...

Fun summer, Larae! We missed you at Holland Lake, though. We missed your whole family! Your Noah is a cutie!!

Crystal said...

Wow, you have been busy! That's AWESOME that Steve's dad did the triathlon....and where's that Highland park thing? It looks so fun!

Jessica Fronce said...

Way cute post Rae! Noah is getting so big! You guys look like you have had a fun summer. I can't believe its almost over.

The Hasson's said...

Larae!!!
I'm so glad you found me! You have such a cute little family! I miss you! If you have time, email me - hassons@live.com