Wednesday, October 14, 2009

5 amazing years...

October 8, 2004...

This past Thursday we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. It was the first night we have spent alone since Noah was born almost 2 years ago. I was worried that I would think about him too much and it would keep me totally distracted. Luckily, I was fine. I thought about him here and there, but the thoughts didn't take over things. So anyway, we took Noah to Steve's parents for the night. (I had Steve's mom take a few pics of us before we left.) Then we left for our surprise destination. First we went downtown to my FAVORITE Italian restaurant...Biaggi's! We spent more on dinner than ever before I think. But it was worth it for the Calamari and everything else! (I love Calamari!! Mmmm) Our waiter was awesome! About 1/2 way through dinner he said "Are you guys celebrating something? You just seem really happy." Steve told him it was our 5 year anniversary and we ended up with free dessert.

Then we headed out for the night. All I knew was that we were going up past Ogden somewhere and that we got a STEAL of a deal on the place! (Thanks Tyler and Kaylen!) We stopped on our way through Ogden to get a movie, then on to where we'd be staying. It was a condo complex called World Mark at Wolf Creek.

It was an awesome little place! This is when you come in the front door. The door to the right is the bedroom and the next doorway past that is the bathroom, complete with washer and dryer.
Here's the HUGE bed we had. You know how tall I am!bathroom...table and living room area full on kitchen!

Steve brought some of my favorite snacks like Havarti and garlic Town House crackers to munch on. It was a great evening by the fire, watching a love story with my honey. I won't go into detail about the activity that followed. ;) Then we spent Friday morning sleeping in, Steve had brought everything we would need for breakfast and then we wandered around a bit and did some shopping.



There is a great veiw from the place too!
When we first decided that we should go away somewhere for this anniversary, Steve's parents encouraged us to take 2 nights, but we decided not to since it was Noah's first time away from us all night. I wish I had the camera with me to capture his face when he first saw us on Friday afternoon. He was so thrilled and his sweet little face just lit up with pure excitement as he jumped into my arms! I love being a parent! Anyway, it was so fun to get away and be alone for a night and celebrate this exciting time together! Steve, I love you more than words or actions can express! Thank you for the wonderful anniversary and for the most wonderful past 5 years! We have been through a lot and we have learned a lot. I can't wait for the rest of our lives with so much more to come and on to eternity with you!!

4 comments:

Bushman's said...

Wow- that 5th wedding pictures a little personal;) I'm glad you guys had a great time. It's alway worth leaving behind the kiddo's.

Joseph N. Anderson (he/him) said...

Awesome, guys. Congrats!

The Frasers said...

That is soooo fun! can't wait to see you guys Saturday!

Marissa said...

Congrats! It is so nice to get away every once in awhile, just as a couple!