Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The most interesting wedding of all...

We spent this past weekend in St. George. My nephew Brad (that is a year older than me) and his now wife, Mary, choose to be sealed down in the St. George temple. So a whole bunch of Sorensen's packed up and went down to be there. It was an incredible sealing! The room was pretty much full to the ceiling! It was a choice experience to be there and I'm so glad Steve and I were able to be a part of it. It's always nice to be reminded of marriage covenants made in the temple. After their sealing we spent some time walking around the temple taking pictures.

Noah had fun being thrown around by his daddy and Uncle Dan!


Then it was time to head to the park. See, Brad and Mary didn't want a reception...they wanted an after party. So that's what it was. We all changed into park-play clothes and had a catered dutch oven lunch. These 2 are the most outdoorsy, adventurous people I know! After lunch we partied in the park by playing on the playground, petting horses and ducks


playing frisbee, there was a little boxing going on, a little kite flying...and of course, mechanical bull riding! I mean, who doesn't have that at their "reception"? And yes...the bride and groom did ride in their suit and wedding dress. Even Noah rode it with the help of his dad. He thought it was pretty fun!

For sure the most interesting "reception" I have ever been to. Even their wedding cake was 3 mountains complete with little toy rock climbers on them. So cake cutting time comes, I've got my mom's camera for her right up front to get some good shots. They cut the cake, looked at each other for a brief second and then both turned on whoever was closest. For Brad...it was me! I didn't even realize I got this shot of him about to get me until we got home! lol


CAKE IN THE EAR and all over the side of my face and shirt! Nice. Most of it had fallen out by time this picture was taken. Then it turned into a huge cake fight, honestly...not at all surprising. So yeah...it was crazy and different, but lots of fun. After a short late afternoon nap we played in the hotel pool with a bunch of my nephews and nieces and their kids and cooled off our sunburned necks. We left for home Sunday around noon and decided to make a stop at Kolob Canyons to see a little piece of Zions.


Utah is such a beautiful state!!

We are thankful to my brother Dan for letting us borrow his portable DVD player, aka the life saver, for the drive home. It sure makes a long drive easier on a 2 1/2 year old AND the parents.

2 comments:

Bushman's said...

Ha Ha, and Rick thinks we're Red Neck. I love the idea. Glad you guys had fun!!

Marissa said...

So fun! The greatest part is they (and all the guests!) will remember every detail because it was different!