Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Seattle...

So this was a month ago already, but oh well. Around the end of October Steve and I were able to go to Seattle with his parents for a business conference. I was very honest with everyone in letting them know that I didn't know how Noah and I would handle 4 days apart. I don't work so we are together all day...everyday. He did really well, except at bed time! He stayed with my sister Erica and her husband and their 4 kids. She told me he was fine all day but when bed time came he would get really quiet and sad. Before leaving Steve and I told him that we would be going on a LONG date. I did better than I thought I would. I did call everyday...I know, but I couldn't help it! It really was great to get away for a few days. While Steve and his dad were at their meetings I spent some fun time with my mother-in-law just wandering Seattle and shopping and eating. We all had some EXCELLENT food while we were there! I ate like a pig the whole trip! My favorite meals were the ones in our hotel restaurant. I HIGHLY recommend Cedarbrook Lodge if you ever visit Seattle. It was fabulous. Here are a few pics from the trip.

HUGE pumpkins!

Here are a couple different lunch time views we enjoyed

There were several interestingly shaped buildings...I only got a picture of this one though

I seriously want to go back to Seattle just to stay at this hotel again!

It was really fun! Rainy of course, but very fun. Noah was so cute when we got home. He jumped into our arms and told us that he was "SOOO HAPPY that we came home to him!" Then he ran for the door saying "I want to see the BIG airplane that brought you home!" The next time after the trip that we left him at Steve's parents for an evening he very sadly told his grandma that we were leaving him for "6 days AGAIN!" Poor guy. It took him a little time to recover. :) AND....something BIG happened literally the next morning after we got home, drum roll please ............................ Noah pretty much potty trained himself!! We're pretty sure that it is all thanks to hanging out with his cousin, Rylin who is 4, while we were gone. We hadn't pushed it very hard because he hadn't really seemed ready, but we had been encouraging him a lot about it lately. So that made the trip that much better! Noah's a big potty trained boy now! YAY! No more diapers for us to buy until Heavenly Father decides we can have another one. (which I'm hoping with all my heart will be soon!)

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! Also, yea for potty training! :) I hope you get another sweet one soon, but I have to admit I loved the break in buying and changing diapers!

Gwendolyn Fullmer said...

Your photos are awesome. You look stunning in the one with the wind in your hair and your wearing that cute brown coat. Hope you're able to get another little angel soon, you two sure do make them cute as can be!