I know...I'm finally blogging about something. AMAZING right? Our little family along with all of Steve's family had the great opportunity (thanks to Steve's amazingly wonderful parents!) to go to DC from May 3rd to the 10th. It was incredible there! We got to go see and tour so many amazing places! There was a LOT of walking involved, in fact, almost TOO much for my pregnant self. But I made it through w/o out too many feet/back aches. The morning after we got home my ankles and feet were fatter than I thought possible! They looked pathetic. Ha ha! Steve carried Noah on his shoulders during this trip more than any dad has in their lifetime! He was so amazing to keep track of him for SO MUCH of the trip for the sake of his prego AND out of shape wife. I LOVE you babe! And the little dude was a great trooper, he wasn't perfect...he IS 3 1/2 but he did really good and Steve and I are both SO grateful for that. He LOVED flying on a big airplane. Just after taking off he was staring out the window in awe and he turned to us and said "This is AMAZING!" It was HILARIOUS coming from a 3 1/2 year old! He thought it was his first time flying but he flew on 8 flights when he was 9 months old and when we tried to tell him that, it was just confusing...ha ha ha. Anyway...get ready for a LOAD of pictures!
This is at George Washington's mansion in Mount Vernon...beautiful!! No pics inside the house though. In fact...that was the first of many "no photography" places we went. I didn't really think about the fact that it would be like that beforehand. 
"I gotta pee!" 

Supreme CourtThe next day some of us went back to the capitol and got to go in and see the House Gallery. There wasn't anything going on that day, but it was still really cool to go sit in there and see in person where the president gives the state of the union. 
We hit the International Spy Museum...Noah was bored to death until we got to the gift shop. He had like 7 things that he knew he "needed". (handcuffs, a magnifying glass, a para scope etc) No pics in there either, but that's ok...I got bored too. LOL. Then we went to the Air and Space Museum and he was in HEAVEN! 



The next day was really fun! We rented bikes and rode around to see all the monuments!
Seeing all those names on the World War II and Korean War memorials was very humbling.

On Sunday we all went to see the DC temple. WOW. What a gorgeous place. It is completely surrounded by huge trees and flowers. What a magnificent temple and beautiful grounds!
National Archives...again no pictures. The Declaration, The Bill of Rights and The Constitution are in a gallery that is dimly lit, cool and slightly humid. It felt crazy to actually SEE those important documents!
DC's Metro system was awesome. I had to take a picture of the longest escalator I have ever seen or been on! It felt like it went on forever.
We took Noah to the zoo after the archives. He deserved at least that after all the "grown up"things we had been to all week. He really was a good boy through it all. While at the zoo, Steve dropped Noah's sunglasses in the turtle pond and you should have seen how heart broken he was over his McQueen glasses. Luckily his Uncle Chris talked a worker into fishing them out for us. Then we gave them a GOOD washing. LOL.






2 comments:
My favorite thing about the Washington DC Temple is when you first see it on the freeway. You're just in a cluster of trees, then you turn a corner and CHA! A glowing beacon the hillside!
Beautiful!
Looks like you guys had a great time I love DC. Yes flying is AMAZING!!! LOL he is too cute
Post a Comment