Thursday, May 21, 2009

I had a moment...

Do you ever have "wow" moments? The kind where you are looking at someone and remembering that they really are yours and you're just in awe at how much you love them? I used to have those a lot when Steve and I were first married and when Noah was first born, but I haven't had one in a while...until last night. We were at our sister-in-laws graduation at Westminster and Noah wasn't wanting to sit still or be quiet so Steve took him to walk around. Right after they left there was a musical number for the graduates, it was "What a wonderful world", sung by a talented young women. As I sat there listening to the song I was watching Steve and Noah run around in the hall together and I almost broke down into tears as I thought "Yes, it is a wonderful world! Look at the 2 boys in my life! I LOVE them so much!" I really felt so grateful at that moment as I had a sweet reminder as to how blessed I am! I may complain that school is never ending for Steve, or that we're not in a house yet, or whatever else, but last night that all faded away as I watched my boys laugh and play together with that song in the background. I AM blessed and the other things I'm always wishing for will catch up one day. All I need is my 2 boys and the gospel and life is grand! Thank you Steve and Noah for helping me grow towards the person I want to be. I LOVE you both more than words can express!!

5 comments:

Bushman's said...

How cut is your son. I love the picture of Steven at the hospital with him. So sweet

Kalei said...

Thank you for such a great reminder of how blessed we ALL are to have our wonderful families. I know that I have had those moments as well and hope to become better at noticing and appreciating them more often. You have an adorable family Larae. Thanks for sharing. :o)

The Frasers said...

I love those "wow" moments. They always seem to happen when I am feeling especially cranky. :)

Nicole said...

thankyou for sharing your "moment." i'll admit, i have those moments too, but i don't take the time to record them or reflect on them, so thanks for reminding me! such a good idea for a post. so great to see your cute little family :).

Joseph N. Anderson (he/him) said...

Just have to compliment you on your music right now... we are huge Sarah fans!