Monday, July 6, 2009

This one might be long...

There have been a lot of happenings in the past months time so I figured I'd better write about them a little. On the 15th of June our dear Grandpa Shelton passed away after having Parkinson's for 9 years. He was a wonderful grandpa and we all miss him, but it is wonderful to know that he has been released from the fight. He showed me so much love and was always so sweet to me the past 5 years that I have been a Shelton and I am so thankful for that. What a great man and spiritual giant! Here are a few pictures that we have of Grandpa and Noah.


Steve and our aunt Dianne sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" at his funeral and it was so beautiful! We are so thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge we have that we will see grandpa again one day!

On the 27th, Steve and his brother Chris played in a volleyball tournament down at UVU. They hadn't played together in 4 years. They had a ton of fun! Chris's wife Robyn and I had a great time visiting and watching our handsome husbands play.
These were the 2 best action shots of the day

Later that night we went to the Taylorsville Dayzz fireworks with Nick and Tessa, which is always fun! We tried to put ear plugs in our kids ears but they didn't like them too much. Noah really liked the fireworks. He kept saying "Again! Again!" Then right before the end he fell asleep. The loud and crazy finale didn't even wake him up. Funny kid!


On Sunday the 28th, Steve's brother Brian's wife was baptised! Yay for Rachael!! It was really exciting for all of us. She asked Steve and aunt Dianne to sing the same song from grandpa's funeral at her baptism. She bore her testimony at the end and it was wonderful! I felt the spirit so strong that night. The only bummer was that my only picture turned out totally blurry!

Then this past weekend we had the annual Shelton Family Reunion. It was a lot of fun! We did service at Grandma Shelton's house Friday morning and later that day we all went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Wow! It was so beautiful! Noah and I slowly go through the Jordan River Temple parking lot almost every Friday on our way home from lunch with daddy and we talk about the temple. So when we went to the Oquirrh Mountain open house, he told us we were at the temple w/o us even asking him. Yay! Some of what I try to teach him sticks! Haha. Steve had the wonderful experience of a missionary opportunity through the whole tour with a family that moved here from India. They had a lot of questions and Steve was so great at answering them! I said to him later that it's not every day that you get a missionary experience like that IN the temple! It was great!

Then we played games and had an awesome dutch oven dinner at Steve's parents house. To finish the night we watched a movie on a rented blow-up screen in Steve's parent's backyard. It was huge! I've never seen anything like it! And of course, Steve set up the sound for it. On Saturday we had a huge breakfast and then...THE WATER SLIDE! Steve's parents have a nice hill in their backyard. Last summer they got a billboard sign rejection that is about 50 feet long and 20 feet wide and that is what makes the slide. It was a ton of fun. Noah HATED it, but he did like playing with the hose at the top and squirting people on their way by. My boys being silly in silly hats.
After everyone got all the grass and mud rinsed out of every nook and cranny we had dinner and the family auction. We do a fun silent auction every year to raise money for the next years reunion. Then of course it was finished of with fireworks which Steve and I didn't stay for because Noah was just too tired for any more fun.


And yesterday, Sunday, we went to Provo because my nephew Spencer (who I have always been really close to) and his wife Sara blessed their baby. Then it was right back up to South Jordan for Rachael's confirmation. So this weekend was the most packed, but a lot of fun!

So there's what we've been up to the past little while. Plus plenty of toddler mischief and fun in between like lotioning Elmo's fur, climbing from mommy and daddy's bed into the window sill, coloring on the TV, lots of bubble blowing, and on and on.

4 comments:

Kalei said...

Noah is such a handsome boy! I can't believe how much time flies, he is getting so big! It sounds like you've got a great family. :o)

Bushman's said...

I love that even though Noah didn't like the slide, Steven took him down anyway!!! I love it. what a busy week, sounds fun!!

Joseph N. Anderson (he/him) said...

Hooray for Brian and Rachael!

ABOUT US said...

You have a beautiful family