We all make plans, don't we? We have our own agenda for how we think our lives should go. We know we shouldn't, yet sometimes we get caught up and start to feel like we have control over when, why and what things will happen in our lives. But really...we don't. The past month has given cause for serious reflection on this thought. Did my sweet and amazing sister-in-law CHOOSE to have to go through loosing her precious and first baby boy? And the very next week, did my wonderful and amazing mother-in-law CHOOSE to have her mother pass away? If I could choose for myself I would already have the second baby I wish so badly to have and maybe be thinking about a third soon, Steve might have finished school a long time ago rather than a couple of months ago, I would have my own first house to decorate and clean and love. I would choose to have my loved ones not lose other loved ones to death. I would choose that my parents were as young and healthy as I remember them being in my youth. But who am I to make these decisions? I guess I was in need of reminding that I can't. Neal A. Maxwell said "Faith in God includes faith in His timing." Do I have faith in God's timing? Or have I decided some time ago that I have the right and the knowledge necessary to make my own timing? I have fought with myself over this question a lot recently. I obviously need to work on my faith. I pray that I will have the strength to really let go and give all these things to The Lord, for He has ALL knowledge and He KNOWS what is best for me and what I need.
D&C 64:32 "...all things must come to pass in their time." And "their time".....is up to my Heavenly Father.
Free Reading Roofer PDF - ePub - Mobi PDF
5 years ago






5 comments:
I really enjoyed your post Rae and it made me reflect on a lot of things in my own life. Thank you. I love you so much and think you are such an amazing person. I pray that you will be blessed with another child soon.
It is hard to know that we don't have control, but also good to know that God knows all and he has a plan for us. Love you guys
This hit the spot for me! There are a few things in my life that I have been thinking about and that quote by Neal A. Maxwell just about answered all my questions. ThANK YOU FOR SHARING!
I love you Larae! I saw that quote by Neal A. Maxwell in the office at mom and dad's house a couple weeks ago. And it really made me think about how I need to have better faith and trust in the Lords timing. Which is sometimes a lot easier said then done.
I HATE that we don't get to choose somethings. but i guess that's how we grow right. Hang in there.
Post a Comment